Saturday, April 10, 2010

Leonardo Da Vinci needs to be in more comics. Seriously.


worn out today. Don't know why.. Tryin not to be frustrated by customers.. and its the little things really. Like the lady who brought up a used book and when I quoted her 3 bucks as the price, that was somehow too expensive for her? I'd heard her talking to her husband about how she was just gonna read it and throw it away.. that it was a "popcorn book".. I don't get some people. Its like an afternoon of sighs.

Broken action figure, returned.

I keep expecting my phone to ring with my boss at the church askin me where I am. Im off of the saturday schedule now that I work sundays 730am-830pm, which is why I picked up saturdays at Pegasus.. but after the craziness of easter I just expect him to be thinking Im on call all the time like last weekend. 4:30 an no call yet. Seems to be ok so far..

I can't account for taste, really. A customer has a box full of collected Usagi Yojimbo, and Im thinkin 'cool.. cool anthro title, love the art, I bet this guy has taste and probably likes stuff I do..' and then goes an grabs a bunch of other titles that severely dissapointed me.. I don't know. People are human. Red blooded american and everything. Whatever. Just kinda weird sometimes..

Jack said I had to find SHIELD when I came in.. the instant I started reading it, it felt way familiar, and it took some research to realize the author/illstrator Hickman was also the guy who did the TopCow Pilot Season promo comic The Core- which didn't make the cut in 08' to become a regular series.. that issue floored me though, I totally voted for it like crazy. And he did Pax Romana. And Nightly News. So I'm all behind this comic.. if just on who's helming it alone.. but the story is amazing, to tie SHIELDs lineage back through Gallileo, Da Vinci, Imhotep.. its pretty ridiculously epic. I hope Dunc stocks alot, I feel like its gonna take off like crazy. And I'm glad I was pointed towards it, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. It will be interesting to see how something that feels so otherworldly links itself solidly with established Marvel canon..

Also, Kingdom of Heaven isn't good listening in the comic shop. Some soundtracks just dont work. I'm exhausting alot of my old cd collection workin here.. back to Blue Man Group I guess.

One customer thanked me for having innocuous bags for putting comics and purchases in.. the last comic shop he'd gone to walked people out with bright pikachu bags that were worse than the embarrassment of just bein seen with the loose comics. I had to laugh at that. Dunc, plus points for cheap and stealthy, but we could so try harder to make this more awkward for those people still on the fence about likin comics. We can make it way worse! Get workin on that

No comments: