Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Fest is weird

Weird. The second summerfest stage is RIGHT outside the door. No one has come in at all since we opened.. theyre congregating outside the door though. Theyre attention is for sure elsewhere. Its a weird dynamic.

I know the sound guy, my friend Chris used to work for him. I think his name is Mark Knowls.. he has all his load-out boxes sitting right in front of the door on teh opposite side of the sidewalk.. one of the sound guys camein asking for a pen and I asked him to move them, at least TURN them so theyre parallel to the sidewalk? He said ya its tight, were just getting set up.. Um no. Theyve been playing for a good hour, and they set up yesterday and this morning. Having their equipent covering the sidewalk entirely is just laziness.

Weird, I felt assertive.. least he moved it and closed their portable fence up more now. Maybe people will walk on this side of the street now..

Theyve had a group of people standing in front of the door for a bit now.. oh theyre friends of the sound crew, I think.

Just asked the guy to not stand in front of our door.. sheesh. Whats he think, people are gonna walk through him? Todays goin weird so far. I guess this is summerfest? Hope people come in..

No comments: