Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Fest pt. 2


Girl just came in and literally looked at all the bookcases and then looked at me and asked "y'all just have comics in here or do you have other things to read too?"

Wow.

And its probably a bad sign when my first book request today was for Mein Kamf

Ok, I'm done askin people to not stand in front of the door, there's no point. New ones keep coming. People set their drinks on the equipment boxes across the sidewalk and then camp out. Havin a stage in front of Pegasus is sucky sucky sucky. Bad for business. I haven't had anyone come in (barely), and I'm sure people are passing up coming in too just because theres people congregating on the sidewalk outside..

SummerFest is obviously bad for businesses downtown, despite the increase of pedestrians walking around. They don't get attracted in to storefronts they walk by, because they cant get in- there are people standing in front of doorways and shop windows. Regular customers get scared away, they don't want to even brave the crowds to do regular business. I never would have realized any of this until I worked during one..

SUMMERFEST SUCKS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha...you are slowly becoming Duncan. LOL

Jasper Hedren said...

I for sure am :P The beard is next I bet