Monday, March 08, 2010

monday afternoon comic shop blues

we had snow for ten minutes! TEN MINUTES.

If I wait till I close to go back outside, maybe it will be warm again. I wore shorts and sandals today, it looked nice out when I left. Oh Bend.

Dunc came in an I had all my stuff stashed behind the counter. I didn't take the time to put stuff away cuz I wanted to open right on time. I even had my laptop- I only brought it cuz it was in mid burn of a mix cd when I was tryin to get here.. selfish and stupid. I think it looked really unprofessional of me when Dunc came in to have it out on Dunc's desk like I owned the place. I coulda done that better. And I kinda felt on the wrong foot all morning since then :P Can I do this morning over?

Just used the word 'genre' in a sentence describing the way we have our used books organized and the customer didn't know what it meant. Seriously?
___

All day Ive been fielding calls and walk-ins from Bend High students who are asking for 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea- I finally had to ask one of the moms calling (seriously lame, kids) on behalf of their children why the heck I'm getting all these requests today- turns out one of the English teachers has a book report on it due this week. Wow. I think this is really funny. And so far Ive racked up a list of people who don't have it: Us. The Bookmark. Dudley's Books down the street. Still waiting to hear if The Open Book is sold out and whether Barnes lost all their copies already. Oh you highschool kids.. I just told one he shouldn't have waited till the week of! It felt so good heheheh

Hoping it warms up later.. I'm not liking this weather at all

No comments: