Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Go directly to Saturday, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 dollars


hrrgh. I'm so ready for this week to be over, and its really only begun..

Just found out today that the guy we leased the gallery/studio spaces above Local Joes is movin to utah on friday. And just told us, so hes being really polite about it, and encouraging us leasees to hammer out a new agreement with the property owner, but ya. Have to do it by friday, and probably line up a few new people to rent the studio spaces. I guess if it all falls apart, Ive had a good run havin a tiny studio to draw in, an over the past 6 months I went from helpin Eric move Indie Nights film nights to downtown.. to really being a gallery director on artwalk nights. Ive been linin up new artists the past two months who've never gotten a chance to show stuff commercially at all, and giving them a legit place and a guaranteed audience, and even sales. I don't really want to loose it to be honest.

So that leaves us in a weird place. I can work with Karen at Coffe-Art to be the lease holders, or work out something with Blackeyed to co-exist in the space. I hope they remain interested, theyre lookin for a place to land I think. A public office and I think we could be it..

An Im doin this while workin at Westside and Pegasus :P sometimes my life feels so weird. And then theres days I sleep in an wake up an lay there wonderin what the heck Im doin with my life too

No comments: