Thursday, March 11, 2010

the reason for comics

Do I love this job because I'm constantly indulging my geek side? Heck yes. Working at a comic shop is stinkin awesome. I wont ever deny that. Somedays it just feels better than that.. I just had an awesome conversation with Dunc about the history of art, how you can trace comics from pulp novels which come from the illustration schools of the turn of the century like NC Wyeth.. and it just reminded me why I love this stuff. Its not just cheap entertainment, it actually has grounding and history. Its like I remembered its reason for existing in a way.
______

I am in an absolutely existential conversation on the deaths of the harry potter universe right now. Houses are being decided and fought over. This is a whole new level of geekdom :P My favorite nightcrawler fangirl has come in and encountered my friend tanner. Life is so ridiculous

No comments: